Boiler Repair, Boiler Replacement & Boiler ServiceCherry Hills, CO, Northglenn, CO, Thornton, CO, Westminster, CO & Broomfield, CO
Boilers are part of a water-based, or hydronic HVAC system. Heat is produced from a variety of fuels, like electricity, gas, oil, or biomass, and transferred to water which is then circulated through the building to provide warmth. This heated water can also be used for household needs, or even melting snow and ice on paved surfaces.
Gas fired boiler units are very common, and can either take in conditioned air from the home or from outside for use in burning the gas. Condensing boilers using a specially designed heat exchanger, can have an efficiency as high as 96% when extracting heat from the burned fuel. The exhaust from a condensing boiler is typically cold enough to be vented with just PVC pipe.
Denver Boiler Installation in Your Home
Combination boiler units can produce hot water for use in bathing and washing, as well as for the central heating system of the house.
The greatest advantage of having Impact Heating & Cooling install an HVAC boiler unit to heat your Thornton, CO and surrounding areas area home is the fact that household temperatures will remain more consistent than with an air furnace.
You can also connect it to a green energy source like solar-powered water heaters, to save additional money on energy costs. The main downside is, if you want to use central air conditioning to cool your home, you’ll probably have to install a separate system.
Home Boiler Repair in Thornton, Broomfield, Westminster, Northglenn & Cherry Hills, CO
At Impact Heating & Cooling, we have years of experience with boiler repair. Thornton, CO and surrounding areas home and business owners know they can count on us for heating system maintenance and repair tasks because of our longstanding reputation for reliability, and because we have the expertise to keep your boiler system running safely, smoothly and efficiently.
If you have a hydronic heating system, now is the perfect time for you to be proactive, take care of routine maintenance, and nip any potential heating problems in the bud before they result in a costly boiler repair.
Denver winters are long and can be cold, putting your unit through its paces and then some. That’s why it is so important to take care of troubleshooting now, when the weather is warm, to identify signs of trouble.
Ignore warning signs, and watch your utility bills skyrocket
The water boiler is a key component of your HVAC system, and with proper care and maintenance, it will provide your home with warmth and comfort for decades. But if warning signs are ignored, the unit can become inefficient, driving your utility bills through the roof, and ultimately require expensive boiler repair. We can help save your family these hassles and expenses.
Preventing Boiler Repairs
Denver homeowners should keep a close eye on these signs and symptoms to make sure their boilers are operating at peak efficiency.
- Age – In order to provide proper maintenance, you should know the age of your boiler. Like a vintage car, older boilers may require a bit of extra attention, but with the proper TLC, your boiler should provide you with a lifetime of warmth and comfort.
- Strange smells – Metallic or gas-like smells around your gas fired or oil burning boiler mean you could have an oil or gas leak. Because gas leaks in particular are very dangerous, this may be the most important boiler repair Thornton, Broomfield, Westminster, Northglenn & Cherry Hills, CO homeowners make.
- Inadequate or no heat – There are a number of possible issues that might prevent your boiler from producing good heat, including thermostat malfunction, low water level or pressure, sludge build up in the tank, and burner or pilot light malfunction. Make sure the unit’s breaker or fuse is not thrown or blown, and that the thermostat is set to the desired temperature. If you have an oil burning boiler, check that the supply line is unobstructed before calling (720) 773-5865 for assistance.
- Leaking water – There should be no water standing around your tank. If there is, make sure the water is not coming from another source. A leaky pipe or faulty circulator or pressure relief valve could be the culprit here. This is an important boiler repair, because Denver’s longstanding drought conditions make water more expensive. Besides additional water costs, leaks will cause the unit to burn extra fuel as well.
- Unusual noises – Clunking noises are a sign of uneven water distribution, which could be due to circulator malfunction, standing or trapped water in return pipes, or iron deposits. This could ultimately lead to overheating or outright boiler failure.
Some of the problems indicated by these signs indicate relatively minor issues. Others are more serious and urgent, requiring a visit from a qualified service technician. You can trust us to handle all your boiler repairs, from clanking pipes, to leaky tanks.
If you have noted any of these warning signs, or if you have general heating and cooling questions, don’t hesitate to call Thornton, CO and surrounding areas’s number one HVAC contractor at (720) 773-5865 today!